Welcome to the Philadelphia Streets Department’s Special Hauling Permit Application Service for Oversize and Overweight Vehicular Transports. Through this system clients
may apply to obtain a City of Philadelphia Special Hauling Permit allowing one individual vehicle a single
one-way move. Once submitted, permits are immediately paid for up front, with no refunds
available, using a credit card, debit card, or e-check. Each client will have their own
account profile in which they may apply for new permits, check the status of unprocessed
permits, and view processed permits to print and carry for law enforcement verification.
We hope you find this system convenient, easy to use, and efficient.
Prerequisite approvals and permits related to PennDOT, SEPTA, and Fairmount Park will
be transmitted by email or facsimile.
Please utilize the information provided in the links below to ensure that all permit applications are as correct as possible, enabling an efficient review and approval times, thereby keeping requested moves on schedule.
- Before you begin, be sure to check for current updates on the BULLETIN BOARD.
- If you are a new client and want to create an account, REGISTER.
- If you are an existing client and have an account, LOGIN.
- If you are unsure whether you do or do not need a permit, see the REQUIREMENTS.
- If you are unclear on the application, payment, or approval process, see the PROCEDURES.
- If you are trying to plan your move schedule, see the DATE & TIME RESTRICTIONS.
- If you are trying to plan your move route, see the ROUTE RESTRICTIONS.
- If you require law enforcement accompaniment, schedule a POLICE ESCORT.
- If you must travel over a subway line, you may need a SEPTA PERMIT.
- If you must travel through a city park, you may need a PARK PERMIT.
- If you must travel on non-city state/federal routes, you may need a PennDOT PERMIT.
- If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call/email us or refer to the CONTACT LIST.
- If you are unfamiliar with certain abbreviations or terminology, see the GLOSSARY.
The Philadelphia Streets Department Bridge Section
Municipal Services Building
1401 JFK Boulevard, Suite 830
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Telephone: (215) 686-5546
Facsimile: (215) 686-5059