Welcome to the Philadelphia Streets Department’s Special
Hauling Permit Application Service for Oversize and Overweight Vehicular Transports.
Through this system clients may apply to obtain a City of Philadelphia Special Hauling
Permit allowing one individual vehicle a single one-way move. Once submitted, permits
are immediately paid for up front, with no refunds available, using a credit card,
debit card, or e-check. Each client will have their own account profile in which
they may apply for new permits, check the status of unprocessed permits, and view
processed permits to print and carry for law enforcement verification. We hope you
find this system convenient, easy to use, and efficient.
Prerequisite approvals and permits related to PennDOT, SEPTA,
and Fairmount Park will be transmitted by email or facsimile.
Please utilize the information provided in the links below
to ensure that all permit applications are as correct as possible, enabling an efficient
review and approval times, thereby keeping requested moves on schedule.
- Before you begin, be sure to check for current updates on the
- If you are a new client and want to create an account,
- If you are an existing client and have an account,
- If you are unsure whether you do or do not need a permit, see the
- If you are unclear on the application, payment, or approval process, see the
- If you require law enforcement accompaniment, schedule a
- If you must travel over a subway line, you may need a
- If you must travel through a city park, you may need a
- If you must travel on non-city state/federal routes, you may need a
- If you are unfamiliar with certain abbreviations or terminology, see the
The Philadelphia Streets Department Bridge Section
Municipal Services Building
1401 JFK Boulevard, Suite 830
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Telephone: (215) 686-5546
Facsimile: (215) 686-5059